Find resources for reducing your personal carbon footprint and living in greater harmony with the Earth.
RESOURCES FROM WEBINARS AND PROGRAMS
Rate Hikes - Yikes - Help with Heating - resources
SUSTAINABLE B'NEI MITZVOT
- How to Have a Sustainable Party - Click here for a guide that provides a variety of ways that you can make your event sustainable and eco-friendly. Feel free to share this document and use as many or few of the suggestions provided- even small actions make a difference!
- Mitzvah Project Ideas on Climate Change & Sustainability - This is for the b'nei mitzvah student: Click here for notes and ideas which are an opportunity for you to make a real impact on your community, and on the transition into a greener world.
- Mass Energize is a new non-profit that provides tools to help individuals and communities reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and increase local leverage. JCAN-MA has built a partnership with them and has a page on their website. Learn about the JEWISH CALL TO CLIMATE ACTION: JCAN-MA AND MASSENERGIZE COLLABORATION. This demonstrates the exciting tool developed by MassEnergize to enable and encourage individual and collective actions on climate change in synagogues and communities. Click here to learn more here.
RESOURCES FOR READING AND DISCUSSION GROUPS
- To get a sense of the importance of personal actions in combating climate change, gather some friends to read and discuss We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast by Jonathan Safran Foer. This superb, readable, and very Jewish explication focuses first on the importance of personal action, and second on the importance of food choices. Download a free discussion guide from Hazon and let JCAN-MA know.
OTHER PROGRAMS FOR PERSONAL CHANGE
- Living the Change from GreenFaith is about personal change and focuses on energy, food, and transportation. They are sponsoring local dinners and conversations about the project during November and December, so this could provide conversation for Hanukkah. Others could, too of course, thinking of Hanukkah as being the ultimate in reducing energy usage, one vial lasts eight nights!
- Drawdown is a comprehensive program for reducing greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. They've created numerous ways to connect their in-depth program to individuals and communities by working with another organization on a Drawdown challenge. Drawdown Challenges happen periodically, and you can be a part of the next one.
RESOURCES FOR GREEN BURIAL
PERSONAL ACTIONS FOR YOUR HOME AND LIFESTYLE
- Here's a list of things you can do.