Here we list a sample of special programs we've done over the years. They span from our focus on decarbonizing, spiritual resilience, and advocacy:
- Running A Decarbonizers Program For Your Congregants Learn how to run a "Decarbonizers" program. Easy program designed to motivate members of your local synagogue/community to substantially reduce carbon in their households.
- NETWORKING FOR A 5784 OF CLIMATE ORGANIZING for all including Synagogue Liaisons and Green-Team Organizers. Temple Beth David, Westwood, MA
- Climate Action Planning for Your House of Worship or Small Nonprofit: A Roadmap To Successful Organizing. Jennifer Haugh from GreenerU offers insights on the elements of successful volunteer efforts and specifically the steps to a stakeholder-engaged climate action planning process.
- Radical Residential Retrofitting - Rachel White (Byggmeister) and Audrey Schulman (HEET) discuss brand-new approaches to retrofitting our aging homes.
- Rate Hikes - Yikes! - tips and ideas from Massachusetts Interfaith Power and Light, and others
- Yom Kippur and the Climate Crisis: Ritual and Reflection - Rabbi Malkah Binah Klein teaches us how Yom Kippur can support our work on the climate crisis,
- An Evening of Earth Etudes for Elul. Rabbi Katy Allen gathers 'etude' writers every Elul to share their thoughts and reflections.
- Tisha B'Av gathering to read the Book of Lamentations - to mourn the past and future together at the ocean.
- A Tree of Life afternoon workshop - spend time exploring and reflecting on ancient and modern texts, poetry, and art
- Exposure - film screening and discussion - ordinary women from many countries doing extraordinary things against all odds
- Contemplative Walk
- Interfaith Summit. STORIES OF THE SPIRIT THE ROLE OF COMMUNITIES RESPONDING TO EXTREME WEATHER
- Dear CJP Call to Action Campaign. Mobilize organization, institution or congregation to reach out to CJP.
- JCAN presentation on three key climate bills currently in the Massachusetts Legislature. Andrew Steinberg of JALSA and Mark Dyen.
- Cool Tool for Decarbonizing - JCAN-MA customized portal for congregants
- Centering Decarbonization in Climate Action: Massachusetts Model and Emergent Mishagas - Fred Davis (JCAN-MA) and Sabrina Shankman (Boston Globe) inform your climate action
- Defeating Fossil Pharoahs - discussion of freedom from the plagues of climate disaster: flood, fire, sea rise, toxic earth, exploitation of people, extraction of resources, forced immigration
- Tree of Life Leadership Training - spend time exploring and reflecting on ancient and modern texts, poetry, and art
- Tree of Life Workshop for Clergy - spend time exploring and reflecting on ancient and modern texts, poetry, and art
- Hometown Habitat Stories of Bringing Nature Home - Film Screening - native plants don't need pesticides or extra watering
- Environmental Voters Project (and Dayenu) phonebanking
- How Decarbonization for Synagogues and Congregants will be Accelerated by New Legislation - panel discussion
- Climate and Environmental Justice Lobby Day of Mass Power Forward
- Rosh Chodesh workshop
- Support for Clergy in Time of Climate Crisis.
- Sacred Grounds - Naomi Edelson (National Wildlife Federation), Manja Holland (NWF), Neela de Zoysa (Native Plant Trust), Jean Devine (Meadowmaking for Diverstiy), Rev Vernon Walker (CREW), Rev Betsy Sowers (Old Cambridge Baptist Church) - replacing all or part of our lawns with native plants
- Third Jewish Climate Action Conference - bringing together over 550 activists to network, learn, and teach.
- The Condor and the Eagle - film screening - inspiring work of land defenders and activists
- Wondrous Connecting: Weaving Ourselves into the More-than-human-world. Rabbis Katy Allen and Josh Breindel on sacred relationship
- Environmental Justice and Anti-Racism 21-Day Challenge
- Second Jewish Climate Action Conference
- Loss and Transformation: Maintaining Hope when Optimism is Elusive. Awaken new and deeper awareness of tools for coping emotionally, spiritually, and psychologically with climate disruption
- Refuah Shleimah: Grounding Our Activism in Joy, Grief, and Vision. Emotional and spiritual support for anyone working on and thinking about climate change and environmental justice
- Climate Justice/Climate Equity and Judaism. Issues of climate justice and climate equity in the context of Jewish tradition
- One Cello, One Planet
- One Cello, One Planet
- Honoring the Sacred Temple of the Earth: A Tisha B'Av Offering in Poetry, Music, and Dance
- Organic Torah: Jewish Wisdom for Climate, Environment, and Food Justice
- Creating Sustainable Synagogues Program
- First Jewish Climate Action Conference